The Hot Rock Gourmet Pizza Pasta Bar
Great Food, Great Service and a Great Atmosphere Since 2002
The secret's in our Italian wood-fired oven...To achieve the mouth-watering flavours, we prepare our fresh local ingredients and pizzas in an Italian wood-fired oven - the only genuine wood-fired pizzeria in Nelson! Fresh hot-smoked salmon and fantastic wood-roasted meats and veggies give our food that special something, using a fine blend of clean-burning native wood for fuel that enhances the natural flavours of our fresh regional food.
We put time and love into preparing your dishes...Only the best and freshest available ingredients make it onto our pizzas. Our chefs lovingly hand stretch our thin base pizzas with home-made dough, sauces and toppings. Hungry yet? I haven't even told you about our delicious fresh home-made pasta and healthy salads, or the fresh local mussels and hearty wood-roasted ribs! Treat yourself to our popular desserts. Even if you're a fussy eater or have food allergies, there's always something we can do for you - vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free (Coeliac), soy-free, dairy-free and egg-free options!
A great night out...It's not just the food, it's the whole experience. The bar is fully stocked including our extensive hand-picked selection of affordable wines and local tap beer from Townshend and Hop Farm Breweries. At the end of your meal if you need a caffeine fix, you'll love our blend of espresso coffee from Nelson's ZUMO coffee roaster. And you can stay wired with our free WiFi. It's always wise to book - give us a call right now!
Enjoy The Hot Rock...
• Pickup and Delivery - Check our menu and call us. Collect 10 takeaway meal stickers and get a large Value Pizza FREE! Target times are 10 minutes for pickup and 30 minutes for delivery.
• Dine In - Individuals, families, groups and private functions can be catered for in our restaurant. Contact us with your booking.
• Public Holidays - We are OPEN New Year's Day, 2nd January, Waitangi Day and Good Friday. We are CLOSED on all other public holidays.
• Payment - We accept cash, eft-pos and all major credit cards contactlessly. For a 10% service fee we can chargeback to your motel.
• Surcharges - Our surcharge policy ensures our guests receive the lowest prices possible. Why should you have to pay extra for someone else's meal on public holidays or their credit card air miles, for example? There is a 15% surcharge on public holidays to help recover the higher labour costs and a 2% surcharge on credit and all contactless transactions to offset the costs charged by the payment provider. There is NO processing surcharge for Swipe or Insert EFT-POS or Cash transactions.
• Gift Vouchers - We accept Restaurant Asociation of NZ Gift Vouchers and Gift Cards. Phone us or call in and pick up a Hot Rock Gift Voucher. We will happily send your gift voucher to anyone, anywhere!